So this week has been a successful one, both in terms of the blog and in terms of work. I had a work review and it was really good. I honestly thought it was going to be terrible, but it wasn't.
I find it hard to take praise but I felt that all my hard work was paying off.
Also this week, I saw the blog raise to 150 followers and I saw that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award for Hideaway.
I wasn't sure what this was but when I read about it, I felt incredible.
Basically, from what I can see, its a blogger to blogger award designed to welcome new blogs to the community. to highlight their work and get people to check them out.
Therefore in this post I shall accept the award and pass it on
The steps to do this are below
- Thank and link the blogger (blogs) that nominated you
- Post an image of the award that you like the most on your page
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger that nominated you has asked
- Link 5-11 blogs that have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for them to answer
- Notify all the blogs via their social media sites and link them to your blog so they can answer them
So to start, I was nominated by Georgie (thanks again!) and you can find her blog here
Georgie set the following questions:
1) What is the best compliment you ever received?
Someone once told me that I was beautiful inside and out. It still makes me smile to this day
2) If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be and why?
I'd go back to 16 - when you are old enough to make your own decisions and start to think about driving but you weren't quite old enough for the big changes yet i.e. uni and so on
3) What does being successful mean to you?
I define success as happiness. Happiness through something that you've worked to achieve. A family, a piece of work, car, house etc. Something that you can look at and think, yeah I did good
4) Do you like spicy food?
Love, love, love it
5) Tell about the best thing you have achieved
I have achieved many things academically and professionally. But the thing that I am most proud of is the small stuff. Like learning to drive, overcoming fears (clowns and heights) and learning to cook and not poison anyone
6) Do you prefer summer, spring, autumn or winter and why?
Its close between spring and autumn, but I'll go with Autumn due to hay fever. That and I love to watch the leaves change
7) If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be and why?
I'm not a very materialistic person.
I'd keep my Necklace ( as I made it out of meaningful symbols (heart, grandmothers ring and cross)
I'd keep Photos, in case my memory slipped.
Honestly thats all I would want. I save the next three spaces for smart answers. But I'm not sure of the situation ;)
8) If you won the lottery what would you do?
Buy both my parent's their houses and made sure they were set up. Then I'd buy my house (nothing too crazy mind). Anything left over would be saved, after I'd been on holiday
9) If you were the president/prime minister what is the first thing you would do and why?
Ahhhhhh, I would do so many things. But the main thing is, I'd probably hold a party in Number 10 for all those that helped me to get there
10) If you could witness any event in the world - past, present or future what would it be and why?
As a history student, this is such a hard question.
So I'm going to answer it three times.
Past - DINOSAURS
And I'd Love to be able to visit the ancient Egyptians and Georgian England and Tudor England (list is endless)
Present - I'd love to know what the Queen gets up to on a day to day basis
Future - I'd like to see how it all ends. Bleak I know.
I'd like to see my Grandkids. If they were annoying though I'd give them a slap :/
11) What would you consider a perfect day?
A day filled with laughter and love.
So that's the first part done,
If you are on the list, you officially have my attention and have an awesome blog ;).
My questions for you nominees
1) what made you start your blog?
2) What came first: chicken or egg?
3)Who is your Idol?
4)Who is your favourite musician/band of the moment?
5) if you could have any job in the world, what would it be and why?
6) where do you see yourself in ten years?
7) Favourite book? and why?
8) favourite makeup item?
9) best moment of your life so far?
10) What is the best quote you've ever heard?
Thanks for reading - if you are still with me.
It felt great to get this award and to be able to pass it on.
Please do get in contact with me on one of the below!
For now, thanks!