Tips for yourself and pets in the heat!
I thought that I would write this little advise post.
There will also be a Vlog going up tonight about skin care.
Firstly, the UK is currently experiencing a heat wave. Therefore I thought that I would provide a few tips for you and also for your furry friends. My post was inspired by my furry little men - Boots and Diego
*Make sure that you drink a lot more water - its one that people seem to forget, it keeps your head clearer and it helps the skin. A sun head ache / dehydration is horrible. Especially if you are drinking :O
*Sun tan lotion people! Make sure you don't forget this - its not just about burning - its about the protection for you skin on a micro level. Don't cook yourself
*Make sure that you follow up with after sun / moisturiser - Ones with Aloe Vera are amazing. It takes any lasting heat off your skin and it keeps the skin in good condition.
* Careful in your car - Make sure that you let it cool down a bit before driving home after work - but on the same token, don't leave open windows unattended - there are thieves about. Another tip for you car - make sure that the engine coolant is topped up and you don't damage your engine!
* Protect your head! Get a trendy hat.
For the Furry ones in your life
*set a cool safe zone in your house, they need somewhere that they can cool down. Place a water bowl down there too
*Make sure there are little water bowls everywhere
* make sure you groom them regularly - they will be losing winter fur something crazy. Helping them will prevent poorly tummies and furballs
* don't roughhouse with them when its too hot - chasing round will leave to overheating and a panting pet :(
* If you have a doggy, don't take them out when the sun is hottest - I saw a good tip on Facebook - if you can't hold the back of your hand to the pavement then they shouldn't walk on it
*check their nose - noses are a good indication of temperature as are paws
*Make sure you give them plenty of love, they can't take their fur coat off like we can!