Get to know me Series : My Favourite Music
I thought that it would be fun to share a few posts that are filled with a few facts about me.
Its now two years into Hideaway and I realised that I write about my monthly favourites but not my all time favourites of certain things.
I thought that I would talk about Music as its something that I love and its one of the only things that soothes me.
So here are some of my all time favourite songs.
- The Sun always Shines on TV - AHA - I have spoken about this song alot - it reminds me of my Childhood.
- Let Love Lead The Way - The Spice Girls - My favourite song by the band - its not one of their most upbeat but the lyrics are beautiful.
- Let's Dance - David Bowie - I love this song - the beat, the lyrics. Even time its on I sing so loud.
- Kiss from a Rose - Seal - One of my parent's favourites, so it reminds me of them.
- Everything I Do - I Do It For You - Bryan Adams - Random fact. But this was number one the day I was born. But I love it as its such a classic love song. Its so beautiful.
- Sing - My Chemical Romance - This song was meant as a goodbye from the band and its a clear message to say strong and carry on. So sometimes I just need to hear it and listen. Its about using your voice to save yourself and others.
- Living on the Edge - Aerosmith - This song is extremely deep as is the video. The main issue that is addressed is racism and I just thought it was so smart. 'If you can judge a wise man but the colour of his skin, well then you're a better man than I'
- Its My Life - Bon Jovi - Its about taking a chance. Its about making things happen - it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever. I used to like a boy that had this on his Myspace profile song. It reminds me of young love and school. I wonder whatever happened to him?
- Holiday / Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day - Technically two songs but whatever. American Idoit was the album that I listened to when I first starting feeling depressed as a teen. I recognised my symptoms in the lyrics and suddenly I didn't feel so alone.
- Iris - Goo Goo Dolls - We used this in a drama performance at school and it always reminds me of that.
- Breathless - The Corrs - This song is so upbeat and catchy. It also reminds me of the opening to The Wedding Date.
- You Give Love A Bad Name - Bon Jovi - Its hard not to get pumped when listening to this song. I literally cannot sing it loud enough
- Ed Sheeran - All of the Stars - One of his less famous songs. But a beautiful one about falling in love. Its about being separated in distance but still thinking about each other.
- Paradise - Coldplay - This song is one of the newer ones. I just love the feeling of being free when I listen to it. It reminds me of what is to come.....
- SkyScraper - Demi Lovato - This song again reminds me of depression and about the battle to stay strong.
It was hard to hammer down a top 15 but there they are.
To be honest, they have been the same for the last half a decade. Every one reminds me of an experience or of a feeling.
Its hard sometimes to put into words how a piece of music can take you back.
I plan to also share my favourite books, films and games also with you, so watch this space!
Thanks for Reading!