LIFESTYLE : Goodbye My Friend

Hello guys,

A bit of a sad post today but its something that I wanna talk about. 

In the week, I got an upsetting phone call to tell me that one of my childhood companions had passed away. 





Little Sid was with me through some real milestones, he lived with my dad and we had him for nine years. 

Sid was around sixteen year old in the end and we adopted him from a shelter. 

He had previously suffered neglect and we think cruelty.... just from his and his sisters  mannerisms. 

 He was as small as a kitten and he flinched and hated to be touched at first and picked up. 

But through literal years of TLC, he became the most loving cat. He would sit on you and have cuddles with you.  He started to put weight on and got to a nice size.  

He would miaow at you about his day and try and stealth food off your plate. 





Sadly he became deaf and lost all his teeth, but we liked to think we gave him a pleasant later in life experience. 

When my dad moved to a quiet village, Sidney had his own domain to explore. 

Sadly, this cost him his life. 

Without going into graphic details, he ate something that was poisoned whilst outside and due to the amount of pain and blood loss... he was put to sleep. 

I'm not gonna lie, there were tears on my part.  

You hope that they would have a peaceful end, but sadly not in this case. 

I have said this before, but certain parts of my growing up were not easy and at some times, my pets were my only companions.

 I could tell them things, late at night,  and snuggle to them when I was feeling depressed. 

So he will always have a special place in my heart! 

Its hard losing a pet as suddenly there is a void.

 I am lucky that I have Boots and Diego but for my dad, this is the second cat he has lost so he has a catless house. 

But at least Sid is with his sister: 




I'll always remember you as in this picture - Truly at peace. 



Goodbye buddy. 

I'll miss you. 


Thanks for reading 

Becky 

x




  Youtube |Twitter | BlogLovin | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | Facebook  


Comments

Loa said…
I never had animals growing up due to my dad being allergic, so I cannot imagine the pain you are going through, but I feel for you.

Hope you are having a good weekend despite everything.
Leigh Brady said…
I'm so sorry for your loss, hope you're feeling okay! xx

- Eternalleigh.blogspot.com
Becky Russell said…
Hi guys, I'm fine.

It's never easy to lose a pet. But he's at peace now.

Thank you for the lovely messages :)

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVEL : Easter in Hastings!

LIFESTYLE : April Goals and Updates!

LIFESTYLE & TRAVEL: Let the Holiday Begin!